Everybody loves Halloween! There’s mischief in the air, dress-up fun galore and lots of goodies to satisfy any sweet tooth. And no one has more fun on Halloween than Betty Boop, the Queen of Costume Couture. She can play any role, be anyone, yet always remain recognizable as her own sweet self.
So how does Betty celebrate the holiday? She has FUN, FUN, FUN – but always does so SAFELY. Now she’d like to share some of her top favorite tips for you and your family.
1) Never trick-or-treat alone. Always walk in groups or with a trusted adult.
2) Hold a flashlight while trick-or-treating to help you see and others see you. You can also fasten reflective tape to costumes and bags so that you are visible to drivers.
3) Only walk on sidewalks whenever possible, or on the far edge of the road facing traffic to stay safe.
4) Eat only factory-wrapped treats. Examine all treats for choking hazards and tampering before eating them. Avoid eating homemade treats made by strangers. Limit the amount of treats you eat.
5) Enter homes only if you’re with a trusted adult. Only visit well-lit houses. Don’t stop at dark houses. Never accept rides from strangers.
1) Always test make-up in a small area first. Remove it before bedtime to prevent possible skin and eye irritation.
2) Lower your risk for serious eye injury by not wearing decorative contact lenses.
3) Provide healthier treats for trick-or-treaters such as low-calorie treats and drinks. If you’re having a party, offer guests a variety of Boop-a-licious fruits, vegetables, and cheeses.
4) Keep candle-lit jack o’ lanterns and luminaries away from doorsteps, walkways, landings, and curtains. Place them on sturdy tables, keep them out of the reach of pets and small children, and never leave them unattended.